Sunday, June 6, 2010

Train Museum








Bennett is a great train enthusiast so yesterday we joined Mummu and Poppa and brought him to a local train museum. I think we were all surprised by the variety and quality of exhibits they had. We rushed through the museum part thanks to Bennett who was in a hurry to get outside and look at the real trains once he realized he couldn't play with the model ones inside.

Most of the train cars were open for us to go inside and Bennett had a great time exploring. There was a lot of happy squealing going on. He even got to pick out a conductor's hat - that he wore all the way home and a tiny model train engine.

On another note, our beloved Mummu has been diagnosed with cancer and will be having surgery tomorrow morning. We have no doubt that she's a tough cookie who is going to be just fine but any well wishes and prayers would be appreciated.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Bennett enjoyed the museum....he looks adorable in his conductor's hat!

Prayers and well wishes for mummu! We'll see you guys tomorrow.

big kisses and hugs to B-Dawg!

love auntie bean and uncle glen

Sheila said...

What great fun! Your family will in my thoughts!

Kiera said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. As someone who has gone through this with family members, I know how hard it is, even though your family member is one tough cookie. Let Mummu know that she is in my thoughts and prayers.

That is wonderful that you could get out this weekend and have a fun event prior to the surgery. The train museum looked like a great time!

Mummu and Poppa said...

Thanks to everyone for prayers and well wishes.

Special thanks to Barbara, Jim and Bennett for being so thoughtful.

I am looking forward to having this cancer taken out of my body, then I can begin healing.

Poppa and Auntie Bean will be with me this morning and I will be well knowing that I am surrounded by prayers, love, Angels and my God.

Love and God Bless to all!
Mummu
xo

Barbara said...

Thank you for the good wishes. Mummu had her surgery this morning. As far as we know right now it went well and she's recovering in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for Mummu's recovery.

grandma and grandpa said...

You are in our thoughts, Aline!
Stay strong, and I'm not kidding when I say that soon the pain will be gone. Honest!
Love, hugs and kisses till we see you.
Suzanne and Wayne B