Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oops I Did It Again

I can't believe that this happened. Today, Bennett and I ventured out to my favourite store - Costco. He looked really cute in a striped summer one piece thingy (sorry - I'm not familiar with baby clothes lingo). I even took the time to smooth out the bed head. We made it into the store without incident, he was riding happily in the front of the cart. And then, I looked down. I couldn't believe what I was seeing - I was horrified and mortified. Once again, his shoes were on the wrong feet!! What is the matter with me? Honestly, I don't have this problem with my own shoes.

So, what did I do? I hobbled as quickly as I could into a quiet corner by the tv's and frantically tried to change his shoes around. Of course the quicker you try to do something the more time it takes. I must have looked so suspicious hunched over his feet, fumbling with the velcro straps, nervously looking over my shoulder to make sure no one was looking.

I just can't believe it.

4 comments:

Kiera said...

Do not worry about it -- honestly, it happens! I think that it has to do with the fact that you are facing him and you put them on as if they were your own shoes (at least that is what I have caught myself doing)

I bet that you were the only one who noticed :)

Hope the rest of the trip was OK

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Thats super funny. Sorry, I can't help but laugh at you. You know you'd laugh at me to. I did that to Parker not to long ago. Ya know, he's walking- and the little fart wouldn't move. I knew I did it to him, but I didn't want to take the time to switch them b/c I was in a hurry. So, I was like- Parker lets go, out the door. He stood there looking at me like an idiot. He finally sat down and pouted until I fixed it. Logen wouldn't have given 2 craps about it. Bennett probably didn't care either!!!

Dawn said...

Cute story! These crazy things just seem to happen out of nowhere don't they?

Mummu and Poppa said...

Barbara, always remember what Jessica said - Bennett probably didn't care.

He was just so happy being out-and-about with his mommy - enjoying the scenery and chatting with whom ever wanted to take the time to stop and talk to a baby in a cart. COSTCO is full of grandmas and grandpas looking and talking to the 'cuties' in the buggies. Mummu and Poppa do it all the time. Bennett you are ultra sociable and some adorable!

Shoes on the right feet - a small piece of the 'big puzzle'!

This is one of the times when you, Barbara, were able to 'go with the flow' - make the change - and only you were the wiser. It all worked out OK!

We are sure that 'on the wrong feet' did not fiz Bennett.

Also, we hope that you enjoy many more 'mommy events' in the upcoming days. They give us (your-fans-of-the-blog) something to chuckle about and think back to 'remember when' stories with our own children.

Bennett, wait until you have siblings to help you get into mischief - one thinks of what to get into and the other does it. Mommy and daddy's fun is just begining. Let daddy tell you of a few involving him and Auntie bean - one being finding cigarette butts in the trash at the laundromat in P.E.I. - I will say no more - remember that one daddy?

You know, kids say the darnest things but parents do the darnest things - and we all seem to survive, gain some wisdom and move on with life.

Life has many challenges so take time to 'smell the daisies' and don't fret the small stuff.

Much love and God Bless!
Mummu and Poppa
xxx ooo xxx ooo xxx ooo