Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bennett's on Holidays...
















...or holiweeks as my French-Canadian grandfather used to say. Last Monday Jim and I decided to travel to Florida to visit with his parents. So, three days later we packed up Bennett and our swimsuits and started the 2600 kilometre drive to Florida. I was so worried about travelling that far with a cranky 15 month old baby that I didn't sleep for the 3 nights before we left. My worries were unfounded as Bennett proved to be a wonderful traveller. We drove about 700 km a day with a break every couple hours. The only problem was that mommy and daddy had to listen and watch the same Diego video for 2 days. By the time we were in Kentucky we were desperate to find some new ones.










We arrived yesterday and were all in the pool within an hour. Our timing was good too as I understand that we were getting another 15cm of snow and freezing rain at home today. The house here is beautiful and the pool is warm. As you can see in the pictures Bennett is having a wonderful time and loves the water.










4 comments:

Colleen said...

hello to the happy travellers!

Bennett, I'm glad you and your mom & dad arrived safely. It looks like your having a good time in the pool! I hope all of you enjoy your vacation.

Love auntie bean.

Grandma and grandpa said...

HEY BENNETT,
WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU?
Poor grandpa doesn't know what to do with himself. He has started to TALK with me! What's up with that? He even drove me to my quilting guild in Chelmsford and he WAITED over 2 hours for me to be done. I had to teach a class, which is why I had to go to the meeting. Poor grandpa. He looks so pathetic and he mopes around all day, thereby making me crazy.
That big storm we were expecting never did happen. It snowed and rained but nothing to speak of.
He goes to the computer and looks at your pictures and sighs. I can hear him muttering and sobbing every now and then. That man is a real mess!!!
He just called and I asked him if there was anything he wanted me to say to you. Here it is: tell Bennett to get his butt back here. (Well, he didn't say butt he said ass but I think that it's kind of a crude word to say). Anyways, I have to admit that I miss you terribly too. Have you grown a lot since I last saw you? Do you still give those wonderful slobbery kisses that make me turn to mush? We miss your mommy and daddy too.
Lots of love, hugs and kisses,
Grandma

Grandma and grandpa said...

Hi Bennett,
I was just reading your blog, yet again. I love the little videos that your mommy puts in here. My favourite one is of you playing ball with your best buddy, daddy! ( you are a lucky boy to have such a good daddy!)
I play then over and over again, which makes me feel even more lonely for you. Tell mommy to put some more videos on the blog, please. Oh, man, I really, really, really miss you!!!
Oh, and your grandpa and grandma would like to see some videos of you and your MOMMY too.
Lots of love, hugs and kisses
grandma

Antie Gaetanne said...

Hi Bennett,

I know I only get to see you once a week or so but I miss you terribly. I dont know if it has to do with the fact that you are so little and very far away.

You look like you own that pool?
I think you should get one of those in your own back yard!!! What do you think grandma Sue?? Good idea, hey!!

Happy Easter my little pumpkin!

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Enjoy your wonderful holiday!

Auntie Gates