Saturday, December 27, 2008

What I Saw In My Neighbourhood This Morning!


After all the cold and all the snow we are now under a Freezing Rain and Heavy Rainfall Warning. It's supposed to be 10 degrees C today (approx. 50 F) and we are supposed to get up to 50 mm (2 inches) of rain. This is apparently due to a weather system over Minnesota (thanks Kiera!). I also know Dawn in Michigan is under a flood watch now too.


If you remember in one of my earlier posts, I mentioned how Canadians sometimes do crazy things. Well, look what I saw in my neighbourhood this morning! Typical Canadian behaviour when the weather warms up - Winter coat, boots and shorts! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this. Now my only problem will be convincing Jim that he can't wear shorts too!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh too funny! You and my pal Debbie are notorious for the random pictures of strangers! I just told Joe he's done running to Speedy Q in the morning in his pajama bottoms because of people like you. ;) Just kidding. I posted to you on my blog earlier about us having thunder and lightning this morning. Too crazy! Bring back the snow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,
no wonder Canadians have a reputaion of being tough. But that neighbour is just carrying it a bit tooo far. We are laughing at him, but just think, we go into your hot-tub when it is about -25C. We have to wear a hat or we risk gettin frost bites on our ears. Our hands almost freeze because we like to read while we are soaking in the hot water. So we have to warm up our hands by sticking one in the water, then we switch to the other one so it can warm up. Of course, we only read "tub books" because it won't really matter if the book gets wet.
Then comes the time when we have to get out of the hot-tub!!! YIKES!BBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Thank goodness that we don't have far to go to get into the toasty warm house. LOVE THAT HOT-TUB.
I'm hoping to get into it sometime next week.
Lots of love, hugs and kisses
Mom...aka mikey...Bennett's grandmother.

Amanda said...

We were under flood watch too (Chicago)...our basement got the memo and flooded. Bummer! :(

This weather is crazy!!

Dawn said...

Just an FYI, the monsoon winds are coming next. Oh my I thought there was a tornado hitting at around 4:45 in the morning and it hasn't let up. This kind of stuff scares me.

Kiera said...

LOL! You Canadians and us Minnesotan's are so similar. My friend and I were laughing when in late September this year there was a woman walking through Target in a sports bra when it was 50 degrees out.

I love watching the shorts get cracked out when it gets above freezing!

You are welcome for the weather! Such an odd year here also. We had a ton of snow melt from the rain earlier this week. Now it is just that icky brown sludge. I am keeping fingers crossed for the next big snow!