Thursday, November 13, 2008

You're Still Awesome Dude!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. It has been a rough week and I've been so tired that I've been falling asleep on my new bed (the living room couch) by 9 almost every night. But I thought I would stay up late and post a quick little video from last night. Bennett actually took a couple steps on his own! He's making some great progress but I'm reluctant to get my hopes up. However, I am sure proud of my little guy!



Being a man on the move doesn't come without risk. You can see in the picture below that Bennett's full lips are just a little fuller tonight. A little split lip - the first of many I'm sure.

5 comments:

Popcorn House said...

WOW!!! That is incredible. He is going to be running around your house in no time!!!

Kara said...

I'm shocked and speechless!!!

Wow! I was cheering right along with everyone in the video! It brought tears to my eyes! Way to go Bennett! I'm so happy for you guys.

Amanda said...

WAY TO GO, Bennett!!!!

What a fantastic video, you can feel the excitment!!

Anonymous said...

That was great! So fun to watch moments like that...(confessing, multiple times!)

Bowser looked pretty good, too!

Unknown said...

How wonderful to see this video. When you were with us for dinner on Friday night, I could not believe how much Bennett has progressed. He was walking up our stairs, with one foot per stair - and poppa holding his hands. He is one strong dude! As Mumu said, if she went up and down the stairs all the times Bennett wanted to, she could be thin(er)!

And - - Bennett can point to all the parts of his body when we say them. I'm so proud of him!

I'm surrounding you all with my love and lots of hugs. Auntie Bonnie p.s. Although it's hard for mom to see, I think that added 'fat lip' is a badge of courage. Good for you - you took the risk and tried, Bennett. Hooray!