Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One Year



Today marks the one year anniversary of the start of this blog. When I began I didn't know if I would like it or how long it would last. I started the blog as a way to keep friends and family up to date about Bennett's progress. I also knew that it would provide a way of journaling that would let me mark the milestones in Bennett's life.

I must say that I have really enjoyed doing the blog and I have really enjoyed reading and hearing the comments whether they appear online or by email, phone or in person. They have been such an incredible source of love and support for my entire family. Through this blog I have made many online friendships. I've become "addicted" to their blogs as I follow along with their lives and the wonderful accomplishments of their children.

I have every intention of continuing with the blog as I have a lot to say and Bennett has a lot to do! I hope all of you will keep reading and commenting. I hope that any new readers will find our story interesting as well as a source of hope. As I said in my first post, blogs are where I first found hope after Bennett's diagnosis. That was such a dark time in our lives but we have certainly learned that not only does life go on, it can be wonderful again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary!

I am very happy you plan to continue.

Hi, my name is Barbara (the room responds: Hi, Barbara!) I can't go more than a few days without checking "One Day At A Time".

Hoping the 12-step program ends there. lol.
(the other) Barbara

Amanda said...

I'm so glad to have found your blog! Bennett is such a little cutie and I can't wait to keep on reading and hearing all the amazing things he is doing!!!

Kiera said...

Happy Blogoversary!!

I remember when you first started posting and how you had mentioned you were just going to try it out and see if it worked. I am SO glad you decided to continue.

I know that we have never "met," but I count you as one of my girlfriends! I love seeing Bennett and I am often sharing Barbara, Jim & Bennett stories with Drew.

Over the past year I have laughed at your stories of going shoeless and licking faces and cried in sadness at the loss of a dear family member. I have also cried tears of joy watching Bennett take those beautiful steps. I am looking forward to what the next year has in store

Thank you so much for sharing your life and I am here whenever you need anything.

Like you said, it is so nice to have this network of Mom's who are going through similar experiences so we know that we are not alone. I, like you, hope that we can help others who are going through those initial dark days and let them know that the journey is that much more amazing because we have these remarkable kiddos in our lives.

Happy 1 year!

Kiera said...

How could I leave a comment without adding how great those photos are! I love seeing pictures of the whole family! You guys look wonderful together!

Bennett is becoming such a little toddler. It has been so much fun watching him grow over this past year

Kara said...

Ach!! What a handsome little guy!! WHY have we not seen that picture of Bennett before????

Happy 1 Year Blogoversary! Keep up the good work. I, like a lot of others, look forward to reading your ALWAYS entertaining posts.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your wonderful blog, Barbara. Despite the distance, it helps me feel connected to you all.
Love,
Auntie Bonnie
p.s. Bennett looks so grown up. How is school?

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Happy 1 year (and a few days... since I'm always late at responding to these kinds of things!)

You guys are such a beautiful family.

I'm glad we got 'connected' in the 'web-o-sphere' and I look forward to reading about you all for years to come!