Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

I for one am not too sad to say good-bye to this decade. It has been filled with some wonderful experiences (getting married, having Bennett, etc) but it has also had some very difficult, life altering, hard to get up in the morning moments.

For the next year and next decade I am going to try and take some advice from Bennett and William W. Purkey who said:

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth."

I hope you'll try too.


Oh, how Bennett loved those belly dancers....

3 comments:

Kara said...

What moves! He is so cute Barbara, and I see he hasn't lost his love for the ladies.....

Unknown said...

Great dancing. What I love the most is his freedom of spirit. That comes from someone who is feeling secure, and that's a testimony to his loving parents, grandparents, and family. Kudos to you all.
Auntie Bonnie

Barbara said...

Kara - Yeah he has moves! It's a good thing he's cute because that dancing won't get him anywhere. And the love for the ladies...what a flirt...

Bonnie - Bennett is a free spirit. I love watching him dance because he's so happy doing it and not shy at all no matter who's watching. I wish I could borrow some of that...